Praise be to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ), for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
(ALL the Sunni beliefs in this article are sourced straight from the authentic Sunni books. One may view the authentic Sunni sources just by clicking on the appropriate numbers in the parentheses/brackets, usually at the end of every statement.)
- Fear not, for the true Islamic scholars refuted many of such perfidious slanders (1).
- In 1976, the Saudi government made a pavement over the grave of Allah’s Apostle’s (صلى الله عليه وآله) father, so that nowadays people just walk over it with their dirty shoes. In 1998, the same government bulldozed and poured gasoline on the grave of Amina bint Wahb, the mother of the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله) (1). This is how Sunnis, based on their “authentic” hadiths, love Allah’s Apostle (صلى الله عليه وآله) and his family.
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), forgot wudu (mandatory ablution) before his prayers (1).
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), prayed with his shoes on (1).
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), could be and in fact even was bewitched “so that he began to imagine that he had done a thing which in fact he had not done” (1).
- Other Sunni fake “authentic” ahadith narrate that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), not only was bewitched but also came under the influence of magic and spells. A Jewish magician named Labid bin Al-A’sam was also able to exercise control over the Prophet (1, 2). According to the famous and respected Sunni scholar, Ibn Ishaq, “Labid bin A’sam . . . bewitched the apostle of God so that he could not come at his wives.”(Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah (The Life of Muhammad), A. Guillaume, tr. (New York: Oxford University Press, 1980), p. 240). Guillaume adds a note saying that, according to Sunni tradition, “the spell lasted for a year.”(Ibid., p. 240). First of all, it is valuable to point out to the fact that this particular insult directed at the Prophet again comes from the “authentic” ahadith narrated by Aisha. Not the first, nor the last mockery directed against the Prophet of Islam by that woman. Second, if according to the Sunni religion the Prophets of God could be, and were, bewitched and came under the control of mortal men by the use of magic (even up to one year), then how can we be sure that the message(s) and act(ion)s they preached and carried out were in accordance with the God’s true will and not of those that had control over them? Scary thing. Alhamduillah, such nonsense is refuted by the true scholars of Islam, as was revealed by Allah (swt) and carried on by the Ahlul Bayt (as) (1).
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), not only could be and was bewitched, but he is said to have mistaken the words of satanic suggestion for divine revelation. Narratives involving these Sunni verses can be read in, among other places, the Sunni biographies of Prophet Muhammad by al-Wāqidī, Ibn Sa’d (who was a scribe of Waqidi) and Ibn Ishaq, as well as the tafsir of al-Tabarī;
There are numerous accounts reporting the incident, which differ in the construction and detail of the narrative, but they may be broadly collated to produce a basic account. In its essential form, the story reports that Prophet Muhammad longed to convert his kinsmen and neighbors of Mecca to Islam. As he was reciting Sūra an-Najm, considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following lines after verses 19 and 20:
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá
and Manāt, the third, the other?
These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.
Allāt, al-‘Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the pre-Islamic Meccans.
- Salman Rushdie’s 1988 novel, The Satanic Verses, which was written entirely relying on the Sunni hadiths, made worldwide headline news. The novel contains allusions to Islamic history, which provoked both controversy and outrage. Muslims around the world protested the book’s publishing, and despite Shias beliving that the afromentioned Sunni narrations are fake and fabricated, Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa sentencing Rushdie to death, saying that the book blasphemed Prophet and his wives. Once again Shias had to defend the honour of Islam, the last Prophet and his family, against countless insulting and fabricated Sunni hadiths so often used by the enemies to defame and shame Islam.
…you believe that the Qu’ran is incomplete and distorted, because of surahs that were forgotten (1).
…you believe that fasting is based upon other people’s permission (1).
- “If you two (wives) repent to Allah (it is best), for your hearts have deviated. But if you back each other against him, then indeed Allah is his protector…” [Al-Quran; 66:5]
Notice how quick Umar is to admit that it was his own daughter, Hafsa, and the daughter of Abu Bakr, namely Aisha, who are the two treacherous wives that Allah is addressing in Surah Al-Tahreem. Before the question has even finished, he answers.
It is noteworthy to mention that this narration in reported in Sahih Al-Bukhari, regarded as the most authentic book of Hadith by the so-called “Ahlus-Sunnah”.
…you believe that Shia Muslims are wrong in holding a negative view of Aisha, while your own books state that she was allowed to marry the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), in order so that the Muslims could be tested (1, 2).
- Why did Allah (swt) marry Aisha to the Holy Prophet?
In order to test the Muslims – whether we will follow Allah (swt) or Aisha! But where is this narration found? In the most authentic Hadith book of those who call themselves “Ahlus-Sunnah”, the infamous Sahih Al-Bukhari! Notice how the narrator wishes to include some sort of praise for Aisha (by saying she is “the wife of the Prophet in this world and in the Hereafter”), even though the narration is in condemnation of her. This fact that Allah (swt) married Aisha to the Prophet as a test for the Muslims is what Imam Ali (peace be upon him) taught Ammar ibn Yasir (may Allah be satisfied with him), and this is what Ammar told the people before the Battle of Jamal.
…you believe that according to sharia law, only closest male relatives can demand qisas for the death of their family member. However, after Uthman was killed for corruption and nepotism, Aisha rallied armies and went to war with your fourth rightly guided caliph, Ali, all that despite the fact that Quran tells the wives of the Prophet to stay at home (1). Uthman had sons, none of them went to Ali (who was a ruling rightly guided caliph) to complain. Therefore, Aisha broke numerous rules; rebelled unjustly against the ruling caliph, wanted to kill him in a battle, demanded qisas for Uthman’s death despite the fact that she was not related to him, left the house despite the Quranic ayat clearly telling the wives of the Prophet to stay at home.
- Yet the Sunnis still say that Aisha did no wrong in life only because she was the wife of the Prophet (saw), which in Sunni religion gives her an automatic immunity to criticism and wrong-doing. Sunnis try to use the Quranic verses of 24:26 and 24:32 to prove that. However, to any sane person that has logical and analytical thinking, based upon “authentic” Sunni hadiths and the Quran, it is clearly visible that Aisha’s life actions deem her to hell, just as the wives of other Prophets that went astray [Quran 66:10]: Allah presents an example of those who disbelieved: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of Our righteous servants but betrayed them, so those prophets did not avail them from Allah at all, and it was said, “Enter the Fire with those who enter.” Aisha, the Mother of Disbelievers, entered the Fire with those who enter.
…you believe that nikah mu’tah (temporary marriage) is haram, while it was legal and even encouraged at the time of the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله) Abu Bakr’s and Umar’s reign (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and other), later to be forbidden by Umar in ONE specific case (1).
…you believe that nikah mu’tah (temporary marriage), which is a sunnah of the Prophet and all the Ummah, that comes with a set of rules and obligations is haram, but you consider nikah misyar (traveller’s/visitor’s marriage) (1, 2), nikah urfi (customary marriage) (widespread in the tourist ‘hotspots’ such as Egypt, Tunisia and Marocco), nikah halala and jihad al nikah (sexual jihad) (1, 2, 3) as halal, despite all not being found in the Qur’an, Sunnah or classical works of Islamic jurisprudence, while being an outward bid’ah (innovation in religion).
…you praise Muawiyah I (Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan), the enemy of Prophet’s family and the creator of a Sunni Umayyad dynasty, despite your own hadith books stating that the people ceased reciting Talbiyah during Hajj out of fear of Muawiyah and the hatred of Ali ibn Abi Talib that he planted in them (1).
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), used to pinch Aisha during his prayers because she would keep open “legs between him and the direction of prayer” (1, 2).
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), used to kiss and suck the tongue of Aisha while he was fasting (1).
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), caught Aisha cheating on him (1).
…you believe that it was perfectly acceptable for Aisha to force “medicine” (poison) into the mouth of the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), during the final days of his life (1, 2).
- In this Hadith, narrated by Aisha herself, the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his family) clearly forbids Aisha from giving him this “medicine” – yet Aisha disobeys him and feeds it to him anyway. It is then made clear that Abbas, also present in the house, was not involved in this act of disobedience by Aisha and Hafsa.
…you believe that the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), at the age of over 50, married Aisha when she was 6 years old, and had sex with her when she reached 9, all at the time when she still ‘played with the dolls’ (1, 2).
- Another series of fake “authentic” ahadith slandering Islam and humiliating the Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله). All the wives of our beloved Prophet were a grown up women, according to the Sunni belief supposedly except Aisha, therefore her fake narrations discredit his prophethood by labeling him as pedophile (Astaghfirullah) in the eyes of non-Muslims. Not suprisingly, the same narrations are used as a justification for underage marriages within Sunni communities (for example, in Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Bangladesh). May Allah (swt) save us all from such trickery, mockery and misguidance. Alhamduillah, such nonsense is refuted by the true scholars of Islam, as was revealed by Allah (swt) and carried on by the Ahlul Bayt (as) (1, 2).
…you replaced the day of mourning over martydrom of Imam Ḥusayn ibn ‘Alī ibn Abī Tālib (عليه السلام), the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), at the hands of your second Sunni Umayyad Caliph Yazid I ibn Muawiyah, with a fake story of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله) walking around Medina and seeing fasting Jews who told him that the Prophet Mūsa (عليه السلام) fasted on that day to commemorate the liberation of the Israelites from the Pharaoh, which is a Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur (1, 2, 3).
- Not only this story doesn’t make any sense for so many reasons; Prophet of God wouldn’t know about such event and had to learn from random non-Muslim people about it, he took their word for it and established an Islamic tradition based off the Jewish belief and tradition (!). It clearly shows how Sunni cult is influenced by the Jewish beliefs and therefore full of anti-Islamic mockery for the Prophet of Islam and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). May Allah (swt) save us all from such trickery, mockery and misguidance.
…you fast on the 10th of Muharram (‘Ashura) despite the fasting on that day being abandoned (1).
…you believe that it was acceptable for Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Talha and Sa’d ibn Abi Waqas, attempt to murder Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله) by pushing him over from Al-Uqbah during Tabuk (1).
- Narrated by Abi Attufail:
“When the prophet set out to go to the battle of Tabuk, he stopped at Uqbah and then commanded his caller to call that no one should take the path leading to Uqbah since the Prophet was traveling in that path and then whilst the Prophet had Ammar bin Yasir pulling his camel from the front and Hudhaifah pushing from the back, a group having their faces covered came on a caravan and attacked the Holy Prophet, Ammar then came and attacked the masked men, the Holy Prophet then said to Hudhaifah: ‘Quickly pull forward, pull forward’ then the Prophet came of the camel and asked Ammar whether he had identified those people, Ammar said: ‘No, they were masked’. The prophet (s) asked: ‘Do you know what they wanted?’ Ammar said: ‘Allah and his messenger know better’. The Prophet (s) said: ‘They wanted to throw the Prophet off from the Uqbah’.
- After that when Ammar had a dispute with one of them (people who tried to kill the prophet), Ammar said to him: ‘I swear to you by Allah, how many people of the Uqbah tried to attack the Prophet?’ The man said: ‘We think they were about fourteen’. Ammar said: ‘And if you were amongst them it would be fifteen’. Ammar bore testimony that there were twelve parties belonging to Allah and his messenger who are ready to fight in this world and on the day when the witnesses will be resurrected.
Narrated by Al-Tabarani and the transmitters of the chains are all Thiqa.
Majma al Zawaid, Volume 1 page 132 Tradition 425
Now Imam Ibn Hazm records in Al-Muhala, Volume 11 page 224:
وأما حديث حذيفة فساقط , لأنه من طريق الوليد بن جميع – وهو هالك – ولا نراه يعلم من وضع الحديث فإنه قد روى أخبارا فيها أن أبا بكر , وعمر , وعثمان , وطلحة , وسعد بن أبي وقاص – رضي الله عنهم – أرادوا قتل النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم وإلقاءه من العقبة في تبوك – وهذا هو الكذب الموضوع
“Hudayfa’s hadith is false, because it is narrated through Waleed bin Jamee – he is unreliable – it seems he doesn’t know who fabricated the hadith, he narrated some traditions that Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Talha, and Saad bin Abi Waqas may Allah be pleased with them all, wanted to kill the prophet (pbuh) and throw him from Uqba (mountain) in Tabuk, surely that is a fabricated lie.”
Ibn Hazm’s self-censorship forced him to deem the Sunni tradition a fabrication by casting doubts on the authenticity of a Sunni narrator Waleed bin Jamee. This was a feeble and unnecessary attempt on his part because the reliability of Waleed has been recorded by several esteemed Imams of Sunni religion that excelled in the science of Hadith. For example, Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalani declared him ‘Seduq’ (Tabqrib al-Tahdib, p651 Biograpghy 7432) while Imam Dhahabi said: ‘Authenticated’ (al-Kashif, v2 p352), Imam Yahyah bin Moin and Imam Ejli both declared him ‘Thiqah’ whilst Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal and Abu Zar’a both stated: ‘There is nothing bad about him’ (Mizan al-Etidal, v4 p337), Imam Ibn Saad declared him ‘Thiqah’ (Tahdib al-Tahdib, v11, p139) whilst Imam Abi Dawood stated: ‘There is nothing bad about him’ (Tahdib al-Kamal, v3 p8). It should also be known that Imam Muslim narrated from him in his book of ‘Sahih’ Hadiths whilst the beloved Imam of the Salafies Albaani declared the hadiths narrated by Waleed bin Jamee to be ‘Hasan’ (Sahih Sunnan Abu Dawood, v1 p117, v1 p118 & v2 p575). This makes the excuse of Ibn Hazm to be completely redundant.
…you believe, contradictory to the historical facts and pure logic, that a Companion (sahabi) is every individual who met or had accidentally seen Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), and ALL of them are righteous, pure beings that went to paradise, therefore Shia muslims are wrong in exposing the sins and anti-islamic behaviour of some of the Companions (sahabah), even if recorded in the Sunni authentic narrations (1, 2).
…you believe that some of the Sahaba are higher than the Prophet (saw), because they [Sahaba] ‘had a right’ to refuse to give the pen and paper to Allah’s Apostle (saw), so that in His own words: “they wouldn’t go astray after His death” (which they did do anyways 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.), when He was on his death-bed (1) Umar called Him (!) “delirious” (ar. yahjura) – Umar, later usurping power as a Sunni caliph, stated that Prophet will die soon anyways so there’s no use to give Him anything (!). Later, some Sunni narrators made up note in Sahih Bukhari that Ibn Abbas did not witness personally the event, whilst others said that Ibn Abbas was 10-15 years old at that time… but they forgot to add the same note in Sahih Muslim to another hadith where Ibn Abbas clearly was a witness to the whole situation where Umar decided to go against the Prophet’s death wish (1). All this despite the fact that the Quran orders Muslims to obey the Prophet Muhammad (saw) at all times, “So take what the Messenger assigns to you” [Quran 59:7] and so do Sunni hadith, The Prophet said: “Whoever obeys me, obeys Allah; and whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah.” (1).
- Sunni, “rightly guided”-to-be sahabi, Umar, knew better than Allah (swt) Himself, not to mention insulting (!) the Allah’s Apostle (saw) on His deathbed by denying Him a pen and paper so that He could write down instructions so that they, including Umar, wouldn’t go astray. Ironically, Sunnis gave Umar the epithet al-Farooq (“the one who distinguishes between right and wrong”). Just like Aisha, Umar also entered Fire for disobeying Allah (swt) and His Apostle.
…you believe that it was perfectly ok for sahaba to fight Islam and Ahlul Bayt (as), such as Khalid ibn al-Walid (Battle of Uhud, his son Abdulreman ibn Khalid fought Ali at the Battle of Siffin) who mocked and made fun of Prophet Muhammad (saw). During the rule of Abu Bakr, he also killed Malik ibn Nuwayrah, and “married” (raped) his beautiful wife on the same day, Layla bint al-Minhal, which violated the sharia law because she had to observe the idda period (which consists of three menstrual periods, that is de facto three months) after the murder of her husband (1), to be then respected and revered. Another example is how Khalid was allegedly sent by the Prophet to deal with the tribe called Jadhima. After his (Khalid’s) order to mercilessly slaughter all the captives, which was opposed by other Muslims, upon hearing of his (Khalid’s) actions, the Prophet raised both his hands and said twice, “O Allah! I am free from what Khalid has done.” (1, 2).
- Just two of many examples of Khalid’s cruelty, barbarity, and anti-Islamic behaving. Two noteworthy things, first of all, it’s good to remember that after the Prophet’s death, Khalid was made one of the main generals of the Abu Bakr’s armies. When the case of Nuwayrah and his wife was brought to Abu Bakr’s attetion, the latter defended Khalid clearing him of any guilt. At that time, Abu Bakr’s forces were on a rampaging campaign against the true and false apostates, an event later called ridda (ar. apostasy) wars. However, the main victims of the ridda wars were Muslims who refused to give pledge to Abu Bakr, and instead remained loyal to the Prophet and his family, tens of thousands of them were killed. Second, it’s valuable to point out that both hadiths mentioning Khalid’s cruelty towards the tribe of Jadhim are judged to be sahih (ar. authentic), despite differing considerably on the part if he was sent to “invite them to Islam” or to “fight them”. Both are from the most authentic Sunni book right after the Quran, Sahih al-Bukhari. The author clearly couldn’t decide if Khalid was to invite and slaughter or slaughter from the very beginning. Another countless example on how the “authentic” Sunni hadiths contradict each other. Khalid, the Sword of Dajjal, is the perfect epitome of a Sunni religion, it’s teachings, theology and morality.
…you believe that Umar ibn al-Khattab beat another companion for performing extra prayers (1).
…you can’t even agree on the number of your ahadith collections, five or six, and disagree if the sixth one is the Sunan ibn Majah, collected by Ibn Majah
or Muwatta Malik, collected by Imam Malik.
…you don’t even know, or you conceal the fact, that the oldest Shia Islamic literature predates your oldest Sunni books by some 100-200 years. Shia books such as Kitab al-Sulaym ibn Qays (written between 628 – 689) by Sulaym ibn Qays, Al-Risalah al-Huquq and Al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya (both written between 659 – 713) by Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin, all written in the 7th century Common Era/1 century AH, are older than your oldest works such as Sahih al-Bukhari (written between 810 – 870) by Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim (written between 822 – 875) by Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj, Al-Sunan al-Sughra (written between 830 – 915) by Al-Nasa’i, Sunan Abu Dawood (written between 818 – 889) by Abu Dawood, Jami` at-Tirmidhi (written between 824 – 892) by Al-Tirmidhi, Sunan ibn Majah (written between 824 – 889) by Ibn Majah, Sunan al-Darimi (written between 797 – 869) by Al-Darimi, Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal (written between 780 – 855) by Ahmad ibn Hanbal, and so on.
- To put it in perspective for those who still don’t understand, Prophet Muhammad (saw) died in 632. Both Shi’ite Muslim scholars finished their works some 20 – 30 years (Ibn Qays) and 40 – 50 years (Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin (as)) after his death, at the time when the party of nasibis was waging war on the Ahlul Bayt (as). The youngest of Sunni works, written by ibn Hanbal, was composed some 200 years after the Prophet’s death. Now, ask yourself, which work on Islam and its teachings is more reliable, something composed up to 50 years after the Prophet’s death, or 200 years after it? Not to mention the fact that Ibn Qays was a companion of Imam Ali (as) and Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin (as) was a great-grandson of Seal of all Prophets, Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله). Nobody of the afromentioned Sunni authors, including ibn Hanbal, were among the Companions of the Prophet or his family, neither they were of his continuing lineage.
…your third Rashidun (“Rightly Guided”) Caliph, Uthman ibn Affan, was so ‘rashidun’ that he was killed in a siege on his house by his own subjects for corruption and nepotism (Uthman was known for giving governmental positions to his kin, Banu Umayya, regardless of their credintials and past experience in managing the state affairs).
…you believe that it was perfectly ok for your first Rashidun (“Rightly Guided”) Caliph, Abu Bakr, to assault and deprive Fatimah bint Muhammad (peace be upon her and her pure family), Prophet’s own and only daughter with his beloved wife Khadija bint Khuwaylid (peace be upon her and her pure family), of her inheritance (the land of Fadak), despite clear Quranic guildlines about islamic inheritance jurisprudence (4:11, 4:12). Due to his actions, as per Quranic guildlines, Abu Bakr is in hell (4:13, 4:14).
Various Sunni authors recalling the event:
- al-Baladhuri (297 AH / 892 CE). Ansab al-Ashraf. (1959) 1. Cairo: Dar al-Ma’arif. p. 586. Abu Bakr sent for Ali so that he can give alligance but he didn’t. So Umar came [to the house] and Fatima met him at the door. She said: ‘ibn Khatab you want to burn my door down?’ Umar replied: ‘Yes, in order to strengthen the religion your father brought.’
- Ibn Qutaybah (276 AH / 889 CE). al-Imama wa al-Siyasa. Egypt: Maktabt al-Tijaria al-Kubra. p. 13. Umar said: ‘I swear by He who controls the life of Umar, either you come out or I will burn this house down!’ The people said: ‘Abu’l Hafs, Fatima is also in this house’. Umar replied: ‘Even if she is.’
- Ibn Abi Shayba (235 AH / 849 CE). al-Musanaf. (1989) 7. Beirut: Dar al-Taj. p. 432. Umar came to the house of Fatima and said: “O’ Daughter of the Prophet of God! I swear by God that we love no one more than your father, and after him we love no one more than you. Yet I swear by God that that won’t stop me from gathering these people and commanding them to burn this house down!
- Ibn Abd Rabbih. Al-Iqd al-Farīd. As for Ali, Abbas and Zubair, they stayed in the house of Fatima until Abu Bakr sent Umar to get them out of Fatima’s house and told him: if they refuse, fight them. He took a torch to burn the house and Fatima met him and told him: are you here to burn our house? He said: yes, or you enter what the Ummah has entered (i.e swear allegiance).
- Ya’qubi. Tarikh al-Ya’qoubi (in Urdu). 2. Karachi, Pakistan: Nafees Academy. p. 199. When Abu Bakr and Umar heard the news that a party of the Ansar and the Muhajirin have gathered with ‘Ali at the house of the daughter of the Prophet, they went with a group of people and attacked the house…
- Al-Shahrastani. Al-Milal wa al-Nihal. A theologian called al-Naẓẓām (d. 231 AH) said: “Umar kicked Fatima’s stomach on the day of allegiance until she miscarried and he yelled: “Burn her house and whoever is in it” and in it were Ali, Fatima, al-Hasan and al-Husayn.”
…your second Rashidun (“Rightly Guided”) Caliph, Umar ibn al-Khattab, was so ‘rashidun’ that he killed his own daughters during the time of Jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic ignorance), only because they were females. Due to the fact that Sunni hadith books were composed and written down during the rule of godless Umayyad dynasty (whose back the Prophet broke, but Umar revived by giving them Syria as a fief), and Abbasids, many embarrassing facts were omitted on purpose, whilist others fabricated to white-wash the reality. Therefore, one won’t find this fact in Muslim or Bukhari, having to look elsewhere.
Various Sunni authors recalling the event:
- Al-Tabarani. Majma Al-Zawa’id Wa Manba Al-Fawa’id. Vol. 8, Pg. # 204. Narrated Umar ibn Al-Khattab, and he was asked about the meaning of, ‘And when the female (infant) buried alive (as the pagan Arabs used to do) shall be questioned. Surah Al-Takwir, Verse 8.’ He said, “Qays ibn Assem came to the Messenger of Allah (saw) and said, ‘I have buried alive some daughters of mine during Jahiliyyah [the period before Islam].’ Then ‘he’ said, ‘Free a slave for each one of them.’ Then I said, ‘O Messenger of Allah (saw), I am a camel man.’ ‘He’ said, ‘Sacrifice one corpulent (of a camel) for each one of them (the buried alive daughters).”Al-Bazar and Al-Tabarani narrated it, and the men of Al-Bazar are the men of Al-Saheeh other than Hussain ibn Mahdi Al-Ayli and he is trustworthy.
- Muhammad Shanqiti. Adwa Al-Bayan Fi Idhah Al-Qur’aan Bil Qur’aan. Vol. 9, Pg. # 63. Narrated Umar ibn Al-Khattab’s saying, “There were two things in Jahiliyyah, one of them makes me cry and the other one makes me laugh. The one that makes me cry; I had taken a daughter of mine to bury her alive and I was digging the hole for her while she was dusting my beard off without knowing what I am planning for her, then when I remember that I cry. And the other one is that I used to make a God of dates that I put over my head to guard me during the night, then when I woke up I a well state I would eat it, and whenever I remember that I laugh at myself.
- Al-Nawawi. Kitab Al-Majmu Sharh Al-Muhazzab Lil-Shirazi. Vol. 21, Pg. # 21. It is narrated that Umar said, “O Messenger of Allah (saw), I have committed female infanticide in Jahiliyyah time.” Then the Prophet peace and prayers of Allah be upon him said, “Manumit a slave for each Maw’uda.”And the Maw’uda is the killed girl at birth. The Jahiliyyah people used to do so because of their fear of shame and poverty.
- Al-Shafi‘i. Al-Hawi Al-Kabeer. Fi Fiqh Madhab Al-Imam Shafi wa Huwa Sharh Mukhtasar Al-Mudhni. Vol. 13, Pg. # 67. It is narrated that Umar ibn Al-Khattab said, “O Messenger of Allah (saw), I have committed female infanticide in Jahiliyyah times.” Then ‘he’ said, “Manumit a slave for each buried alive girl.” Since Arabs used to dig a hole under the pregnant woman whenever she had labour that the child will fall into it whenever delivered then if he was a boy they would take him out of it and if she was a girl then they would leave it and they would dump soil over her body till she dies and this is premeditated killing and expiation has been ordered for this.
- Abbas al-Aqqad. Abqariyat Umar. Pg. # 222. He had buried a girl in Jahiliyyah times according to the abominable way that the narrations describe. In summary that he (Umar), was sitting with some of his companions and he laughed a little then he cried, therefore the present ones asked him about it then he said, “During Jahiliyyah times, we used to make an idol from dates then we would worship it then eat it, and this is the reason of my laughing. However, my crying was because I had a daughter and I wanted to bury her alive, then I took her with me and I dug a hole for her then she started dusting my beard off and I buried her alive.”
…you non-stop wage a campaign of terror (Nigeria, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc.), or support absolute dictatorships (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain) against Shia Muslim civilians while your Sunni brothers and sisters are slaughtered and humiliated daily by non-Muslims in Palestine/Israel (by Zionist Jews), Myanmar/Burma (by Buddhists), China (Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region) (by secular and atheist government), Tajikistan (by secularized Sunni government), Central African Republic (by Christian and animist militias).
…you believe that one of your hadith narrators stoned to death an ‘adulterous female monkey’… (1).
All Sunnis worlwide use the same hadith books and adhere to the same main Sunni schools of jurisprudence that rely on those books. Note that (Shi’a) Muslims do NOT use the six major hadith collections followed by the Sunni, as they do not trust the Sunni narrators and transmitters. Shia have their own extensive hadith literature; free of terrorism, justifications for peadophilia, mockery and humiliation of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله), repression of women or the minorities, and others.
And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it]. [2:42]